Nuffnang

Friday 14 June 2013

Review: Etude House CC Cream

Hello

If you beauty/makeup girl, you would probably heard of cc cream by now. If not, you can check my post here (http://idajamal.onsugar.com/What-CC-Cream-30793503 ). Being the beauty/makeup girl, i decided to try when i came across etude house's ad.


Retailing at $25.90, available at all Etude House, it comes with 2 different finishes. ( 01 Silky and 02 Glow)
I purchased the Glow finish simply because i am in the "glowing" phase. I do have a sample of the silky finish too which i use for swatch comparisons in this post. Lets look at the packaging first.



-tube form with pump and cap. (Love that)
-contains 35g of product. (A little small as compared to their bb creams)
-tube is pink in colour (The Silky one comes in a white tube)

Etude House's packaging are always cute and princess-sy!!

Now, the claims and directions

 

Ingredients list



Now on to swatches and the before and after photos befere i give my final thoughts.



Both 01 and 02 dispense out in a white cream and contains tiny capsules that has colour pigments. It is best applied with fingers so that the capsules will 'break'.



I find that 02 blends easier and gives of a nicer finish than 01, which has a slight cast even in natural lighting. However, both 'adapts' to your skin tone after a while.

In the next few pictures, i applied 02 on my face with fingers.



 



Though i love how the finish after application is (no major ghostly white cast even with flash despite the having SPF), i can't say i love the coverage. However, it does brighten up my complexion and undereyes, corrects redness around my nose but does not cover my bump at the ends of my eyebrow. Just fix that ugly bump with concealer!

With all cream and liquid products, i ALWAYS set my face with my trusty Chanel loose powder! So here's the finish look:



Final thoughts:
I like it but not neccessarily love it. Its great for days when i have good skin and have nothing to cover at all. Love the natural finish it leaves my skin but not "glowing" enough for me. Also love how it brightens my face without leaving any white cast after setting it with powder and leaving it to "adapt' to my skin after a while. Application is easy and i don't feel like i have anything on my skin. Affordable price in my opinion. It stayed throughout the day for me. I give it a thumbs up!

So have you tried any cc creams yet? How do you like it? Any reccomendations?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. HI Ida Erin,
    You have a beautiful skin! I have never tried this product but next time I pass by Etude, I shall check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi memoiselle, i wish i have beautiful skin but im always having issue with syringoma aka sweat glands tumour under my eyes..no matter how i try to cover,the bumps are always visible. Anyway, the etude house cc cream is definitely a must try coz its affordable,plus who can resist etude's cutesy packaging right?

    ReplyDelete