Nuffnang

Sunday 3 November 2013

Guerlain Haul - First Impression

Hello

When Mr Hubby went to Hong Kong for business trip, I sweetly requested him to purchase the Guerlain Metoerites for me at DFS. He also bought the Day and Night cream for me from the Abeille Royale Age-Defying Care range. In this post, I will be giving my 1st impression on the skincare. You may wonder, why a first impression on skincare right. You will understand as you read this post further.

                                               A group picture of my 1st Guerlain products

 
 
 
Taken from Guerlain official website
Abeille Royal - Bee products are some of the world’s most effective natural healing substances. Guerlain Research has extracted their active power to create Abeille Royale: a skincare programme with Pure Royal Concentrate that stimulates the key mechanisms in the healing process within the skin* to continuously help to repair wrinkles and loss of tissue firmness (*In vitro test).

Retailing around SGD$360 for both (estimated conversion from HKD as it was purchased at Hong Kong Airport), the day cream and night cream are house in a heavy glass jar with a reflective gold lid. On the lid, "Guerlain" is engraved at the lower part and a "3D" bee sits at the top part of the lid. The packaging definitely feels and look luxurious and would be a great vanity top "accessories".

 
 
My first impression:
The day cream is meant for normal to dry skin and I have combination skin, so this will rich in texture. As for the night cream, its even more rich as with all night creams is. Based on Guerlain's website, this helps in repairing wrinkles and firming. So the question is, how do I incorporate this in my current skincare and will it work when I have no wrinkles in the first place?

Here's why I decided to a first impression. Because its creamy, it is not such a good idea for me to use it everyday. So on days that I feel I need some pampering on my face, I would apply this and when I do, I take a very small amount for my whole face and neck. Not only it smells luxurious, it does not add extra "oil" to my face as I use a tiny amount.

While I have no wrinkles to repair yet at this age, I take into consideration for its firming properties. Thanks to my pregnancy that I had a chubby face so, yeah I need some firming "action"!
With this 50ml jar, I foresee that this luxurious products will definitely go a long way with me applying tiny amounts twice a week!


I am definitely glad that I have something that I can look forward to applying on my face when I need that pampering moments or when I just want to feel like a "tai-tai"(rich man's wife) for that day or night!

So, what are your favourite products for that pampering moments? Let me know!

Thanks for reading!

Ida Erin Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment