Nuffnang

Thursday 14 November 2013

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (Photos and Review)

Hello

Hourglass ambient powder has always been on my Wish List/To Buy List ever since saw it on YT and beauty blogs. But with a price tag of $45 for a finishing powder, I can just wish that it will magically appear in my hand. Ok I know that's pretty much impossible because no one knows I want this.

Anyway, I was looking at Sephora's website to check what's new and I saw this Hourglass palette. Without even thinking twice, added it in my cart and check out immediately! And, here's the beauty:


Taken from Sephora:

Available at Sephora's Website
A limited-edition palette featuring three shades of Ambient Lighting Powder, the high-tech, soft-focus finishing powder that features state-of-the-art technology to recreate the most exquisitely flattering types of light. 
Create your perfect light. Ambient Lighting Powder is a groundbreaking collection of finishing powders that capture, diffuse, and soften the way light reflects on your skin. Unlike traditional powders, which merely cloak imperfections, Ambient Lighting Powder utilizes photoluminescent technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of the complexion. The powders deliver a multidimensional luminescence to every skintone, making it appear softer and lit from within. The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography. With three universal shades available in the Ambient palette, you can create your desired effect


This palette includes one new limited-edition shade, Incandescent Light, and two existing shades, Dim Light and Radiant Light. It also comes with a complimentary 0.16 oz deluxe mini sample of Veil Mineral Primer. This product is free of talc, gluten, fragrance, and nanoparticles.

Pictures are taken in different lightings
 
 
Retails at $58, I can finally justify my purchase. Instead of 1, you get 3 finishing powders. Though it is smaller than the regular size, it is perfect for a makeup junkie like me!  It was hard to capture the swatch on camera, however I did manage to do a before and after picture with this product.

Before
 
 
After
 
 
My thoughts:
I feel that it looks amazing when photographed. My under eyes area are usually my biggest issue due to the Syringoma but this powder helps to blur it out. Nothing can cover my syringoma so to have a product that blurs those imperfections, I give it a two thumbs up. What I also love about this palette is that I can use all 3 powder on my face at one go. Here's how:

Incandescent Light- Use as a highlight on my T-zone, cupid's bow and chin
Dim Light- Use all over my face after my foundation especially under the eyes
Radiant Light- Use on temples, jawline and near all hairlines
All in all, I did not regret getting this palette and foresee myself trying more of Hourglass's products, if not, more of the ambient lighting palette.

So, will this be in your Wish List? Or would you just rather get out and purchase this yourself a.s.a.p?
P.S: This palette was OOS on Sephora's website when I last check on 12th November!

Thanks for reading!

Ida Erin Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment