Nuffnang

Friday 8 November 2013

Tarte The Tarte Of Giving Collector's Set & Travel Bag (Photos and Swatches)

Hello

My first Tarte product was the Amazonion 12-hour Clay blush in Exposed and I have to say I am totally in love with it. I love the colour, pigmentation and what I love most is the staying power! It is also my go to blush when I am just lazy to choose a colour to match the rest of my makeup. It is also my favourite blush when I am sporting the "nude" look makeup because it is , as described by Tarte, a nude shade. Since I love it so much, I thought why not take this opportunity to try other Tarte products. So I ordered the Tarte of Giving Collector's Set & Travel Bag and also Off The Cuff Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush Palette & Bracelet.



 
Taken from Sephora.com, this kit consists of:
- 20 x .07 oz Limited-Edition Amazonian Clay Eye Shadows
- 8 x .059 oz Deluxe Maracuja Lipglosses
- 0.23 oz Deluxe Pure Maracuja Oil
- 0.08 oz Deluxe Maracuja C-Brighter™ Eye Treatment
- 0.05 oz Deluxe Limited-Edition Amazonian 12-Hour Clay Blush in Memorable
- 0.17 oz Deluxe Cheek Stain in Flush
- 0.16 oz Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-In-1 Mascara
- Travel Makeup Bag


Retails at USD$59 ($490 Value) , this set is a total steal! What's convenient about the palette is that these eyeshadows are grouped in 4 groups of 5 ( 4 eyeshadow shades and 1 eyeliner shade) saving you the time of having to think of a colour combination or look for another colour from anywhere other than this palette. Of course its totally up to you to use the colours within the group for one look or just match any colours from the palette. you can also use the liner shades as an eyeshadow too!


Eyeshadow swatches:


 
The eyeshadow palette was abit of a disappointment for me. It shown up differently from the pan when swatched. Not the most pigmented nor the most buttery eyeshadows in my opinion. Even with a primer underneath, it does not look as vivid as it looks in the pan. However, if you are a beginner or someone who rarely wear eyeshadows, they might work for you. Because I have a lot of eyeshadow palettes which has better pigmentation than this, I don't think I will be reaching for this palette often.

With that said, I have a totally opposite opinion for the Lipglosses and here's why:



 
Look at the swatches! Gotta love those. With 4 glosses containing shimmer, these kit has a nice selection of colours from a nude to a deeper plum.

Here's the cute babies in the kit:



Top: Stain
Bottom: Blusher

I love the blusher. Even though it contains shimmer, does not really show up on the skin. I have not try the rest of the mini products but have read a lot of good reviews on the Maracuja oil. I am excited to try the rest on the minis.


All in all, I would say this would be a great set to put under the Christmas tree for that special someone on your list that is just starting out on makeup!

What do you guys think? Will this be in your Wishlist? Or would you rather give a pass?

Thanks for reading!

Ida Erin Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment