Nuffnang

Friday 26 July 2013

My Everyday Brow Routine (Step by Step)

Hello

Brows are the most important part of makeup. Even if you do not apply makeup everyday, groomed brows are the best way to frame your face. I have rather thin and sparse brow. In other words, its like having no brows at all! I envy people with thick full natural brows, especially Korean girls. So filling in/drawing my brows is important to me when I have makeup on. Otherwise it will look "incomplete"! Even when I do not have makeup on that day, I will try to fill in my brows as natural as possible and here's how I do it.

"Disclaimer: Each individual has their own way or technique in doing their brows. There's no right or wrong way. It's just your own preference!"

I do my brows in the following way when I have makeup on. When I need to do a more defined eyebrows for special occasions, I will use a more precise eyebrow pencil, Bioderma makeup remover to correct and concealer to highlight my arch.

  1. With a spooly brush, I make sure to comb my brows to tidy them up.
  2. Using my eyebrow pencil from The Face Shop in no.01, I start by "sketching" the lower part of my brow.
  3. After that, I "sketch" the upper part of my brows, keeping the front lines parallel and tapering it at the tail to meet the lower line
  4. Fill them in with short strokes, following the direction of your natural hair.
  5. I do not have any products at the front of my brows so that I wont have a "stark line or square beginning".With a stiff angle brush, I blend the product to the front part to create a "gradiation". It also helps to blend the rest of the product evenly throughout the whole brows.
  6. With a q-tip, I clean up any excess product or "sharpen" my tail.
  7. Lastly, I "seal" everything with my MAC Brow Set in Show Off.

It will usually take me about 5mins to complete both my eyebrows for my everyday routine. How long do you take to do your brows? What are the products you use? Share it in the comment session.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment