Nuffnang

Tuesday 9 July 2013

My Favourite Setting Powders (Drugstore, Mid-End & High-End)

Hello

With Singapore's weather (all year round summer) and my oily combination skin, skipping setting powder in my makeup routine is a no no for me as I love wearing creams and liquid bases. Here all my all time favourite setting powders. I have no particular preferences over which to apply when as I love them all and rotate them frequently.


Lets start with the high end one shall we?

Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder in 30 Naturel - Translucent 2
Retails about $70ish (30g)  here in Singapore, this is the most expensive setting powder I owned. It is also the largest amongst those I owned.  Packaged in a sturdy plastic jar with the classic black and white double c's logo, it is not the most convenient to travel with though it has a sifter and a puff. With only 3 shades available, I feel that for someone with a darker skin tone than me (i'm NC37-40) can get away with this powder as it is translucent. It does not provide any coverage but the finish is the most natural out of the 3 that I love. It is so finely milled, does not make you look cakey at all. I always apply this with my kabuki brush. Throughout the day, I find that it does not oxidise or budge and I don't need touch-ups.

M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
Retails at about $46 (10g), I have repurchased this powder at least 3 times. Packaged in a sturdy black plastic compact with a clear plastic top, this is definitely easier for travelling or on the go. With a wide range of shades available, you can definitely find the right one for you easily. The coverage of this powder is slightly more than Chanel's, so if you have good skin, buffing this with a kabuki will give you a decent coverage for evening out your skin tone. I do find that this oxidise a little so you probably want to purchase a shade lighter. You can also purchase a darker shade for bronzing as it gives a nice satin-y finish and had a good staying power of about 6-8 hours.

Lastly, the drugstore one. If you are in the US, this would be the cheapest but for me, there are other cheaper ones here in Singapore. I bought mine from drugstore.com so it is still affordable 2s compared to buying it at Watsons here.

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige (Medium 2-2.5)
Retails at $22.90 (9g) at Watsons, I have also repurchased this at least twice. Packaged in a beige plastic compact with a clear top, it is the most travel friendly as it comes with a mirror and puff. Great for touch-ups on the go. This is a staple in my makeup bag. It has just the same coverage as M.A.C's but has a more matte finish. This can however look cakey if you over apply. If you just got into makeup, you can consider this as it also has a lot of shades. However, this does not last as long as the other two, but since its easy to carry on the go, I wont complain!

So there it is, my favourite setting powders. What's yours? Share it in the comment section below!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment